Turkish Archaeological Institute Library
TEBE Library is located in ANAMED Library on Istiklal Street, Merkez Han, No: 181, Floor: 2. The library's opening hours are at the same time as the ANAMED Library. For membership conditions, visit https://anamed.ku.edu.tr/en/library/membership/conditions/ address.
*Turkish Archaeological Institute Library Online Catalog is underconstruction.
Library Opening Hours:
Monday: 09:00 - 18:00
Tuesday-Friday: 09:00 - 21:00
Saturday: 10:00 - 18:00
Extensive Book Donations to Our Library
We wished to thank to all who donated materials to our library:
- November 2007 – Homerbooks donated 19 monographs.
- October 2007 – Prof. Dr. Adnan Pekman donated 40 periodicals and 280 offprints.
- June 2006 – Prof. Dr. ÖnderBilgi donated 7 monographs and 5 periodicals.
- April 2006 – Prof. Dr. Mustafa HamdiSayar donated 5 monographs and 24 periodicals.
- December 2005 – Prof. Dr. Taner M. Tarhan donated 260 publications, including 132 offprints, 61 journals, 30 monographs, 25 theses and 12 periodicals.
- December 2004 – Prof. Dr. GüvenArsebük donated over 400 publications.
- May 2004 – Prof. Dr. Mustafa Kalaç donated his entire library to our library.
- April 2004 – Dr. Mükerrem Usman-Anabolu donated over 10,000 slides and many photos.
- February 2004 – Istanbul German Archaeological Institute donated over 250 books to our library.
- March 2002 – 60 books belonging to late Prof. Dr. Jaleİnan was donated by his son Hüseyinİnan, after her death.
- March 1999 – The Alexoğlu Family donated over a hundred books, most whose subject are numismatics.
- January 1997 – We remember Prof. Dr. Afif Erzen with respect, who donated all of his bulletins in his library during the establishment of our library.
Book Exchanges between Our Library and Other Institutions
The greatest obstacle we had since the establishment of our library was its development. While we occasionally obtained books via donations, our collection sometimes increased with the support of our sponsors. At times, however; we tried to ensure flows of book with many institutions with book exchanges around the globe. Hence; we would like to thank the following for their support, who continues to exchange books with us:
- Tel Aviv University
- Akademie der Wissenschaften und der Literatur
- Österreichisches Archäologisches Institut
- Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen
- Römisch-Germanisches Zentralmuseum Bibliothek
- Istituto di Studi sulle Civiltà dell'Egeo e del Vicino Oriente
- Bibliothèque de la Maison de l’Orient et de la Méditerranée Jean Pouilloux
- The American Research Institute in Turkey
- Mediterranean Civilisations Research Institute
- Sadberk Hanım Museum
- British Institute at Ankara
- German Archaeological Institute
- Mersin University Research Center For Cilician Archaeology
- Institut Français d’Études Anatoliennes